150- I can't stand him any longer

Anselmo : What's going on between you and Andrelina ? Did you guys have a fight or something?

J.B. : I can't stand hER any more. SHe has such a short fuse that even a little piece of friendly advice sets her off.

Anselmo : So what did you tell her ?

J.B : I told her that if she could be more patient and try not to lose her temper so easily, she would be more popular.

Anselmo : No wonder she threw a fit. Her popularity is really a sore spot.

J.B. : Well, I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut. That'll teach me to give advice!

Anselmo : Not unless you want to die!

.................................

1- Did you get a hold of Sidney?

** No, he had already left for the day when I got there.

2- I wasn-t able to get through to the customer service department.

** Well, they must be very busy then.

3- I hate trying to call JB.

** I know how you feel. His line is busy all the time

4- I guess Ellen is either on the phone or on the Internet. I keep getting a busy signal.

** Or maybe she got cut off by the phone company.

__ You really think so?

** Well, she has forgotten to pay her bills several times already.

...............................................

0 comentários: