3- Present Continuous and Simple present ( I'm doing and I do)

* Study the explanation and compare the examples:

Present Continuous = I AM DOING

** Use the continuous for something that is happening at or around the time of speaking. The action is not finished yet.

a) The water is boiling. Can you turn it off?
b) Listen to those people. What language are they speaking?
c) Let's go out . It isn't raining now.
d) Don't disturb me. I'm writing the blog.
e) What are you doing?
f) Larissa is in the USA at the moment. She's improving her accent.

** Use the continuous for a temporary situation.

a) I'm working at night until I find a new job.
b) She is dating me but I'm not sure we will continue together.
c) I'm living with some friends until I find a flat.
d) They are working hard today, aren't they?

Simple Present = I do

** Use the Simple Present for things in general or things that Happen repeatedly.

a) Water boils at 100 degrees celsius.
b) Excuse, Do you live here?
c) It doesn't rain very much in summer.

0 comentários: