2- Simple Present ( I do )

* Pay attention on this example situation:

** Altamir is a bus driver,but now he is in bed asleep. So, he is not driving a bus. (He is asleep)...but he is a bus driver, he drives a bus.
** drive/work/sleep = I,we,you,they = simple present
** drives/works/sleeps = he,she,it = simple present/third person

......................................

# We use the simple present to talk about things in general. We are not thinking only about now. We use it to say that something happens all the time or repeatedly, or that something is true in general. It is not important whether the action is happening at the time of speaking.
* Teachers look after their students as if they were their own children.
* I usually wake up before 6am.
* Ronaldo plays for Corinthians.

# Remember that... when we are refering to the third singular person we must follow a particular rule:
** The general rule asks you to add an "s"
* He works
* She buys
* it rains

** When the verb ends with = o/sh/ch/ss/x = you must add "es"

* he goes
* she watches
* it washes
* he fixes

** When the verb ends in a "y" with a consonant before = you cut off the "y" and add "ies".
* He cries
* She tries
* it flies
............................................

## We use do/does to make questions and negatives sentences.
* do = I/you/we/they
* does = he/she/it

* don't = I/you/we/they
* doesn't = he/she/it

* I come from Brazil. Where do you come from?
* Would you like a cigarette? - No,thanks. I don't smoke.
* What does this word mean?
* Some foods don't grow in cold climates.
* My sister doesn't study with me.
* He doesn't know me very well but he knows my brother.
..............................................

## In the following examples "do" is also the main verb:
* What does she do? = what's her occupation? - I work in a shop.
* He's so lazy. He doesn't do anything to help me.

## We use the simple present when we say how often we do things:

* I get up at 7 o'clock every morning.
* How often do you read the blog?
* I don't use the internet very often.
* In winter Renato plays soccer once or twice a week.

## I promise/I apologise ...

*** Sometimes we do things by saying something. For example:

* When you promise to do something , you can say..." I promise..."
* When you suggest something , you can say..." I suggest..."

# Whe use the simple present in sentences like this:

** I promise I won't be there.
** What do you suggest I do ? - I suggest that you take a look on J.B's blogs.
...............................................

** If you are a teacher I would like to know your feelings about this blog. I'm aware of how hard it is to prepare a good explanation for each grammar you teach. Sometimes you find yourself running out of time or patience and it affects your progress as a teacher and certainly your students are going to have a hard work in class. This blog intends to be an important support to your classes. When you became a teacher you were aware of your important mission to give voice to your student and so Am I. Let me help you to abide by it. Send me your oppinion and I'll go all out to improve this blog in order to offer you better conditions to get succes. See ya next post!

0 comentários: